What’s for dinner tonight?! If one of your new year’s resolutions is to cook more from scratch and eat less takeaways then here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Brunch time. Go all continental and serve ham and cheese with a range of bread, cereals and fruit. Lay everything out on your kitchen worktops and invite everyone to help themselves.
- A winter barbecue. The sun may be hiding but fire up the patio heater, wrap up warm and have some burgers on the decking. Fun for a weekend with the family.
- Stir-fry heaven. Quick and easy and a good way to use up bits and bats from the fridge. Cut meat into fine strips for ease and try a range of sauces from sweet chilli to black bean.
- The all day breakfast. A welcome sight on a cold day: get into bacon and sausages grilled or fried and gather together for a feast.
- Try something different. Seek out specialist suppliers and serve up a new taste from rabbit to ostrich to ox cheeks. You never know, you just might like it.
- Revamp the kitchen. Fed up of food being burnt on the outside and raw in the middle? Ditch the old oven and get a new kitchen from Wrenkitchens.com.
- Slow cooking for tenderness. Dust off the slow cooker and put it to good use this winter. Great for stews and curries, meat will be incredibly tender to eat.
- Whiz it up. Blend minced beef fine in bolognaise sauce for pasta to get it past the kids: throw in a whole range of veggies too and they’ll never know!
- Fall in love with soup. Perfect for winter and healthy too. Ditch the sandwiches at lunchtime and take a flask to work instead.