When eating particularly for the health of our hair, we are looking for certain types of foods and super-foods, that contain protein, iron, essential fatty acids, vitamin E and sulphur. Many food additives don't actually contain real vitamins and so make sure you speak to nutritionist to fully understand. The best way to get the nutrients our bodies need, is from real food. A look at some foods that are particularly good for growing and maintaining healthy hair.
- Salmon. Salmon is loaded with essential fatty acids, quality protein and vitamin B. Why are orange coloured foods always good for us? Salmon is particularly good for combating a dry scalp and hair with no shine.
- Beans. Yes, beans means... good hair growth. They are loaded with iron, zinc and other minerals that are extremely good for even more hair growth. Kidney beans are particularly good. Biotin deficiencies are rare, but can result in damaged hair.
- Green Vegetables. Another favourite for some, and the most despised by us as children. We all know we are supposed to eat green vegetables because they are loaded with what it takes to get our hair growing strong. The darker the better. Broccoli is loaded with vitamins A and C, which our bodies needs to produce the body's natural hair conditioner. Sebum is secreted from your scalp. Over washing of our hair can rob it of the natural oils it needs.
- Nuts. Eating nuts for healthy hair? Maybe it is time to. Nuts contain many of the oils and proteins your hair craves. Other nuts contain essential fatty acids that help condition your hair. They are also a source of minerals, as with pecans, cashews, and almonds. Almonds are particularly good and very affordable.
- Poultry. Great for those on a diet, or just on a budget. Chicken and turkey are packed with high quality protein essential for healthy hair. Brittle hair is also often caused by a lack of protein in your diet. Eggs are also packed with a protein punch.
- Oysters. More commonly known for their aphrodisiac qualities, oysters are very good for promoting more hair growth and hair shine. Loaded with all the minerals and proteins you need. The amounts they contain almost put them in the super-food category.