Sichuan Duck with Hot Pepper Sauce
4 cups Chinese leaves, shredded
1 cup parboiled bean sprouts, cooled
3 cups cooked duck breast, sliced
2 tsp freshly ground anise pepper
2 tsp ginger root, grated
2 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Mix the Chinese leaves and bean sprouts in a serving dish.
- Arrange the duck slices on top.
- Combine anise pepper, ginger root, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, water, vinegar and sugar. Stir energetically until blended.
- Add the chopped scallions. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the duck breast.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the duck and sauce.